Orchid leis can last for up to 5-6 days when properly cared for. Do NOT store in freezer! It is important that they are not too hot or too cold. If a lei looks soft, you may sprinkle it with water, place in a ziploc bag or plastic bag and put back in the refrigerator to revive the flower.
General Tips for all Leis and loose Orchid Blooms
- Unpack the leis carefully and immediately
- Store them on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator, for example in a vegetable bin lined with newspaper. Carefully place the Lei(s) in a plastic/ziploc bag.
-For large/bulk orders, make sure the Leis are stored in either a walk-in refrigerator, a flower cooler or similar.
- Set your refrigerator on its warmest setting. ideal temperature is 50 ° F – 55 ° F (avoid temperatures below 45° and keep away from heat sources.)
- If a refrigerator is unavailable, leis can be stored in a cooler with ice. Make sure the Leis do not touch the ice, instead put some newspaper or a towel on top of the ice.
- Fragrant leis should be used immediately